Sunday, March 24, 2024

March 17 menu

 Breakfast:  

Vegan banana bread - This was from a post about gut health.  I'm not sure I would call it that because of the all purpose flour, but it's better than most quick bread recipes.  Everyone liked this, it is nice a moist.


Pumpkin cranberry breakfast cookies - these were ok. I'm not sure I would make them again. DD (16) liked them. I wonder how they would be with flax instead of egg white or to replace some flour.


Dinner:

Sun:

Tacos


Mon:

Fresh green beans with garlic - these were pretty  good

Homemade stovetop stuffing - ok. The kids ate (they don't usually eat stuffing) but I didn't love it.

Apple bourbon pork tenderloin


Tues:

Honey garlic chicken starry - sauce doesn't thicken (needs corn starch or something).


Wed:

Salad

Wild rice pilaf -ok. not great

Versatile veggie soup - decent basic recipe

Dinner rolls


Thurs:

Parmasean roasted potatoes

Bacon pea salad

Fish 


Fri:

Pasta primavera with cauliflower sauce- I like that this was a million times healthier than regular primavera. Needs more flavor.  I considered adding red pepper flacks.


Sat:

Glazed sweet potato - meh

California grilled veggie sandwich

Bacon pea salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 12th menu

  Breakfast:    Cranberry orange muffin Banana bread Apple cinnamon swirl bread  - used decreased both sugars to 1/4 cup each.  B thought...