Friday, August 24, 2012

Menu August 26

The last week of August already.  Why does summer go by so quickly?


Menu:

SuImpossibly Easy BLT Pie (new recipe)
        veggie - maybe raw carrots

M:   Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Burger (new recipe)
       Fantastic grilled corn on the cob (new recipe)

TuUltimate Grilled Steak (new recipe)
        Grilled New Potato Packet (new recipe)
        Salad

WQuick taco Salad
       Cornbread

Th: Breakfast for dinner - Egg Ham and Cheese wrap (new recipe) I'll probably cook mine on the stove.
      Fruit

Fr: Oriental Chicken Salad #2 (new recipe)
      Egg Rolls - frozen
      
Sa: Family Manicotti I made this a few weeks ago and it was good enough to do again.
       
Extras: s'mores brownies (new recipe) because it's a holiday weekend and why not.  I've made s'mores with brownies before now I'm going go make brownies with s'mores.

Also will continue to freeze my surplus of CSA veggies.  I'm beginning to run out of room in my freezer.

Speaking of CSA I received some very hot peppers (bright read scotch bonnet).  Not sure what I want to do with them.  If you have ideas for how to use these in a way that young kids will still eat it, let me know.



Last week's review:

  • Chocolate-chip zucchini bread.  I actually used yellow squash instead of zucchini but I don't think it matters.  Flavor was good (not at all like the tangy zip of Miracle Whip), but I think I like my other zucchini bread recipe better.  1 year old liked it, 4 year didn't.  3 stars
  • BBQ Chicken was really good.  I thought Caesar dressing would be weird with BBQ sauce but it wasn't.  It was moist and everything good chicken should be. 5 stars
  • Enchilada Pasta Bake wasn't very much like enchilada and more like taco.  It tasted fine but if really want enchilada flavor I would drain the tomatoes (or skip them) and add a 10oz can of enchilada sauce.  3 stars
  • Beef skewers were flavorful and easy.  I like that they don't need to marinade for hours.  4 year old liked them; 1 year old didn't.  3 stars 
  • I'm not a big fan of pork chops but the Pineapple Chops were pretty good, quick and easy.  4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 12th menu

  Breakfast:    Cranberry orange muffin Banana bread Apple cinnamon swirl bread  - used decreased both sugars to 1/4 cup each.  B thought...