Did you know you could freeze shredded zucchini? I had extra zucchini from my brownies last week, and I froze it. So, in winter I will be able to make wonderful zucchini bread. Yeah! Here's how to do it. http://nutritionknowhow.org/wordpress/?p=315
Now, the MenuSu: pizza
M: BBQ Beer Brat Kabobs -new recipe
For those of you from Wisconsin, don't worry I will be using Johnsonville brats.
German Potato Salad (great grandma's recipe)
rolls or brat buns
T: Sloppy Joes I usually make 1/3rd (4 servings) of the recipe. I have made the whole thing and froze the extra for another time. You can made this with ground turkey
W: BBQ Chicken Enchiladas - new recipe
Creamy Corn & zucchini - little skeptical but gets good reviews
Th: Princess play date:
to die for blueberry muffins - new recipe
Barbecue-style grilled cheese - new recipe
Fr: Ravioli (frozen)
Red sauce (jarred)
salad or other veg
Sa: Not sure either chef salad, egg salad sandwich or leftovers
Last week review:
- Manicotti. Used about 1T sugar instead of 2T, otherwise everything else was pretty much the same. 4 stars
- Fajita Quesadillas made it with the variation of corn instead of beans. Topped with lettuce tomato and sour cream. 4 stars.
- Cucumber salad. 3 stars.
- Pecan caramel bars. Super easy, very tasty. 5 stars.
- Zucchini brownies. The recipe had mixed reviews and all sorts of advice from people. I also heard the zucchini makes the brownies mushy. This batter was very dry and grainy like sand. With this shredded zucchini it looked like worms in dirt. I was worried they would be stringy but the zucchini broke down will cooking and made the brownies moist not really mushy. I used dark chocolate coco powder because I already had that. These aren't the best brownies I've ever had but a good way to use zucchini. My 4 year old actually liked these better than the carmel bars. 3.5 stars.
- Sandwich. Good camping food. We made them in the pie iron on the camp fire. 4 stars.