Friday, August 3, 2012

August 5 Menu #3


     Did you know you could freeze shredded zucchini?  I had extra zucchini from my brownies last week, and I froze it.  So, in winter I will be able to make wonderful zucchini bread.  Yeah!  Here's how to do it.  http://nutritionknowhow.org/wordpress/?p=315

Now, the Menu

Su: pizza

MBBQ Beer Brat Kabobs -new recipe
                  For those of you from Wisconsin, don't worry I will be using Johnsonville brats.
    German Potato Salad (great grandma's recipe)
    rolls or brat buns

T: Sloppy Joes  I usually make 1/3rd (4 servings) of the recipe.  I have made the whole thing and froze the extra for another time.  You can made this with ground turkey
    Fries
    green beans

W: BBQ Chicken Enchiladas - new recipe
   Creamy Corn & zucchini - little skeptical but gets good reviews
     
    
Th: Princess play date:
          to die for blueberry muffins - new recipe
          fruit      
       Dinner:
          Barbecue-style grilled cheese  - new recipe
          salad

Fr: Ravioli (frozen)
      Red sauce (jarred)
      salad or other veg

Sa:  Not sure either chef salad, egg salad sandwich or leftovers


Last week review:

  • Manicotti.  Used about 1T sugar instead of 2T, otherwise everything else was pretty much the same.  4 stars
  • Fajita Quesadillas made it with the variation of corn instead of beans.  Topped with lettuce tomato and sour cream. 4 stars.
  • Cucumber salad. 3 stars.
  • Pecan caramel bars.  Super easy, very tasty.  5 stars.
  • Zucchini brownies.  The recipe had mixed reviews and all sorts of advice from people.  I also heard the zucchini makes the brownies mushy.  This batter was very dry and grainy like sand.  With this shredded zucchini it looked like worms in dirt.  I was worried they would be stringy but the zucchini broke down will cooking and made the brownies moist not really mushy.  I used dark chocolate coco powder because I already had that.  These aren't the best brownies I've ever had but a good way to use zucchini. My 4 year old actually liked these better than the carmel bars. 3.5 stars.
  • Sandwich.  Good camping food.  We made them in the pie iron on the camp fire. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 12th menu

  Breakfast:    Cranberry orange muffin Banana bread Apple cinnamon swirl bread  - used decreased both sugars to 1/4 cup each.  B thought...